Sunday, June 29, 2008

I don't have a title for this.

Whew. Let me tell you, it's already been a busy weekend, and it's only Sunday. Friday night I had Shabbat dinner in Allentown, PA, and I hit the home & garden center and Target for more athletic wicking bras and tops and plants for our newly-delegated garden. All said and done I spend a little over $200, most of it on the C9 Champion gear from Target, but I got some very nice racer-backed tops which will serve me well over the course of the summers and at the climbing gym. I even got a blue one, a color I don't wear often and I'm not sure why because it brings out my eyes. Also, I got a small hydration daypack which is big enough for a rain layer, a sweater, and a couple field guides, as well as 2 litres of water, which is way better than my old jansport bookbag that got me through four years of high school.

One of my co-workers and I decided to pool our respective lands and garden together. We have asian hot peppers, roma tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, cukes, watermelons, canteloupes, beans, and more in the ground. Her dad came up and tilled the soil, and I gardened barefoot, the soft earth between my toes and bringing back memories of working the garden with my mom when I was a kid. Christine and I were ambitious, we packed it in tight and I do hope that it proves slightly successful before the end of the growing season, as it is somewhat late to be planting.

Tomorrow I'm heading up quite early to Princeton's campus to do the Human Resources thing. I'm also dropping off a ton of CPR and AED training supplies at our 350 Building, which houses also Outdoor Action, the outdoor club at Princeton. I've never seen an Ivy league school, so I'm pretty excited about that, even as I'm happy to NOT have had that experience for my four years of undergrad.

Looks like a friend or two will be coming up to visit me in the next month. I've got to file two time off requests, one for a long weekend, one so I can do the doctor-dentist thing here in NJ. I also have another day off on my way because I'm missing the one everyone else gets tomorrow. Each month I get two paid vacation days, and I think two paid sick days? I'm also signing up for insurance tomorrow, which is exciting. I've never had my own insurance before.

Photos as soon as I can, really.

Oh! Also, I saw a rabid raccoon and a real live black bear before I got my t-shirt and frisbee at the completion of staff training (I hate frisbee cause I'm bad at it, but I'm getting better). It was a fitting end!

Today I'm cleaning up my house before driving to Allentown.

0 comments:

Elle's shared items