Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh, adorable jailbait.

<- My fake bruise.

Let me first say that the ratio of men to women is 2 to 1, and I must say, I likes them odds. Also, individuals getting wilderness first responder trainings are awesome. They are extreme athletes, ice climbers, whitewater kayakers, camp counselors, an lab technicians. They are high-schoolers, college students, guys that remind you of your dad.

Every day is exhausting, and these two days are almost all teaching things I know already, CPR, the initial assesment, ABCDE's, SAMPLE history, et cetera. Consent and legal issues were fun. Yesterday I stayed pretty quiet, and I didn't feel a connection to any of the other females in the course until Amy, a lab tech in her 20's, came on a big walk with me around the camp wherein I jumped in crusty snow and trampled through puddles of mud.

I saw three wild turkeys, a few bald eagles, and stepped on one dead bunny (which is covered by snow, but that is a bunny fo sho.) It's been beautiful, I didn't know how I felt at first but now I know that I am gonna be fine, people were joking around a lot more and I got a lot more names down than I did yesterday. There's also talk of capture the flag. I can only hope.

From just outside Hudson, WI, fourty minutes from the Fundakowski fam in St. Paul,
Magpie out (of fake bruises).

0 comments:

Elle's shared items