Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beginning of the end.

There's something my friend Blue said during the last few weeks of camp last year, and it holds true. It's important, whether it's your first week of counseling or the very last, that for someone it's their first; Finishing strong is so important. It seems like I didn't really do that at MICA. Did I grow as an artist, finish and bring unity to my work in the last year? Not really. If anything, the stuff is more all-over the place, divergent, sprawling and meandering (in a bad way). I'm starting to get the final set of critiques from my instructors, and I've got to say we're both dissapointed. As much studying of Zen I've done in the past year, I have not lived in the moment--with my feet tucked under comforters and my eyes cast off into the distance, I've stumbled through this last year.

Today I have the first interview for a full-time job, and I am thankful for the opportunity.

0 comments:

Elle's shared items