Friday, February 9, 2007

The Art Of Tracy Emin

Aside from generally thinking a lot about typography for my homework, and that sort of thing, I've learned of a yBa (young British artist, of the young British artists movement) called Tracey Emin who incorporates notes and words and frustrations and heartaches in fabric and performance and other sexy things like this. I can't believe I didn't know about her before, and I'm really thankful to Rex for turning me on to her. I have her memoir and a book of essays on her, and it will be a long and glorious night as I learn of the methods of a mad, awesome woman. Tomorrow, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm going to go to the studio and make impulsive work and maybe shoot some silkscreens and maybe coat some silkscreens. I'd like to put all these love letters I have onto cloth, maybe to go into a blanket, then they'll sort of be like whispers under the covers, backed with my mom's blanket from college that I love to death. The studio is my home, I am truly loving it right now, check out my mobile blog linked to from my main page to see a couple (sideways) shots.

Senior thesis a semester early was the best decision I ever made.

0 comments:

Elle's shared items