Monday, April 23, 2007

Cotton and cashmere and linen, oh my!


So, I've been doing a lot of art with all the hair I hacked off, twice, in vindictive impulse and mourning. It's not that morbid, not that depressing, not that bad. I'm getting to work through things by making, and it's really cathartic and organic. In addition, Alison Smith may use some of my atomic print from sophomore year to make a housewife (a civil war sewing kit soldiers carried with them) for her Notion Nanny project. I think I'm going to try to make it up to Berkeley to see her piece there, I'm super sad that I only get one more class under her tutelage! But, I've learned a lot and had a ton of fun and been a hearty contributor in the class (well, that's most classes).

Did I mention that my rag rugging is going amazingly? I want to ditch all my other projects and rag rug for the rest of my life. If you ever do intend to do braided rag work, let me know, I'll give you some tips along the way.
I don't think I've ever felt as pleased with my studio work at the end of semesters. More on these things later, just wanted to share the latest with y'all.

0 comments:

Elle's shared items