Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fake wood is a girls best friend!

I'm not the kind of girl who likes diamonds. In case you didn't know (and I'm pretty sure you all do), the diamond industry is not the most humane industry in our global world, and I can see the need for diamonds due to their being harder than everything else criteria, but as far as for a wedding or engagement ring? I don't need it. Unless it's a hot heirloom number.

ANYWAY, you all know how I covet all things faux bois (a disorder only made worse by the reading of It's (k)not Wood's blog). Etsy seller RobandLean offers a pretty titanium ring with a faux wood finish in copper inlaid. It's pretty damn hot. Mokume is the a Japanese word meaning wood-eye-metal, which talks about the way that metal is layered and pierced and layered s'more till it gets all beautifully moire-d.

1 comment:

Your feedback, questions, and commentary are always welcome here!

Elle's shared items