Thursday, April 24, 2008

I have a confession to make.

My life is like a romantic comedy. I mean, not with the happily-ever-after part of things. More like the "zanyness ensues" aspect. Or, more specifically, I have seen so many romantic comedies and comedy films with strong romantic elements or romantic dramas with sarcasm and irony that I can find a quote for almost any situation, emotion, or angsty 'blog that lies within my ribcage.

Joe from You've Got Mail:

Have you ever become the worst version of yourself. That a pandora's box of all the hateful things, your spite, your arrogance, your condecension has sprung open? Someone upsets you and instead of smiling and walking away... you zing them. "Hello it's Mr Nasty"....
Wouldn’t it be great if I could pass all my zingers to you, then I could always be nice and you could be nasty whenever you wanted to be. Although I must warn you... when you eventually have the pleasure of saying the thing you want to say at the moment you’re wanting to say it... remorse eventually follows...
Clearly, I should have just ignored the late-night text message. Instead I got in to a passionate, silent argument where self-preservation motivated my own unkind behavior, when all the sender wanted was someone to talk to. I just can't be that someone right now.

One day I will have to make a massive post on all the best Romantic Comedies. Christmas in Connecticut, anyone?

0 comments:

Elle's shared items